Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find iWork Serial Number

I have a downloaded version of iWork on my MacBook Pro. Now I want to install iWork on my Air. I downloaded the trial version. It wants a serial number to register but the retail license from iWorks on Pro doesn't work. I know Apple emailed me the license way back when, but I no longer have that email. How do I get them to send me a new one or find the serial number on my Pro?

iWorks 09-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Other computer is a MacBook Pro run

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 8:50 PM

3 replies

Oct 17, 2011 9:53 PM in response to jill256

If you have bought the version with serial number you have to talk to Apple. If the MBP version also is with a serial number you should see it if you click in the Pages Pages menu > About Pages > you get a window with the information, but then you are not supposed to use it on more than one computer. You could have bought the family version and have iWork on up to five computers in your house hold.

Oct 18, 2011 5:16 AM in response to fruhulda

Thank you. I do have a purchased version of Pages. Not sure if it's the family version or not. But the new one definitely doesn't accept the serial number I found on the About Pages of the old one.

I wonder whether if I take it off my old computer, I can then install it on my new computer with the same license.

Oct 18, 2011 7:50 AM in response to jill256

I am getting a bit confused here. Does your MBP have iWork 09 or 08? That could be the difference. I don't have a serial number for my iWork as I bought the box instead I think it might be wise to talk Apple store about this. Maybe you have to buy a new serial number for the MBAir. If so it might be cheaper to buy from the MacAppStore.

Find iWork Serial Number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.