Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my iPhone and iTunes and all my contacts and music were erased!

ALL my contacts and ALL my music was erased after syncing for the 2nd time (1st time after the initial sync/update) and it erased everything. The music was still in my itunes so I could manually add all of it back to the phone, but my contacts were erased from every location even the back ups! I'm so angry with this update that I'm considering leaving the apple network !😠 I'm 99% sure my contacts are just gone....gone gone gone.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 10:54 PM

4 replies

Nov 6, 2011 8:57 PM in response to jsect1234

Yes and no. What I think happened is it overwrote my decision to not sync with cloud innitially. Then when I plugged my phone in a second time, it obeyed my original request and didn't sync with cloud. But since it already synced with cloud when I told it not to, it left all my contacts in cloud and wiped them from my phone etc... One day after I added a few contacts manually, i decided to sync with cloud. When I did, everything came back. It's like it made cloud the master storage when it chose to sync with cloud against my wishes and when it turned sync off it kept all my contacts on the "master" (cloud) and erased the "secondary" (iPhone)

I updated my iPhone and iTunes and all my contacts and music were erased!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.