Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access iTunes store - store page freezes

When i try to access the iTunes store it freezes half way through and looks like this

User uploaded file

I had the same problem last time iTunes updated and was able to get someone to fix it although they can't now remember what they did.

Things i've tried so far

deleting old preference files - all of them

uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes several times

full virus scan

checking proxy settings are correct

ran iTunes diagnotistics all came back as fine

rebuilt network information

deleted host files

deleted plug ins

I'm getting pretty desperate now, just can't work it out and all the online support now seems to be stuff i've done which didn't work.

Hope you can help - Anthony

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 1:52 AM

53 replies

Oct 18, 2011 9:05 AM in response to Alreet

I've now also tried editing preferences and disableing itunes store but allow itunes university, which someone suggested but that didn't work.

Then i tried a so called simple solution

simple solution for that case (forWindows 7, 64):

1. C:\ProgramData\Apple\Installer Cache\AppleApplicationSupport 2.0.1

2. Right click

3. Uninstall

4. C:\ProgramData\Apple\Installer Cache\AppleApplicationSupport 1.5.2

5. Right click

6. Install

7. Restart Windows

This stopped iTunes working completely and gave me lots of error codes which i couldn't find any support for so just uninstalled then reinstalled which got me back to square one.

now uninstalling

apple application support

apple mobile device support

apple software update

Bonjour by Apple

Quicktime by Apple

iTunes by Apple

basicly anything to do with Apple is being removed and then i'm going to install again, still isn't working.

Oct 19, 2011 4:08 PM in response to stevetye

I know there are a lot of us with this problem since 10.5 was released, but are we still a minority campared to the users without issues installing this update?? Why else won't Apple listen?? Apple needs to step up and fix this!! I've totally lost faith in Apple's customer service. They keep sending me generic emails on how to solve my problem in which I explain that I've already tried their solution. They reply with exactly the same email as before with a different name attached to it. Apple's support is not good!!

Oct 19, 2011 5:28 PM in response to Alreet

I too had this problem and I tried every fix solution posted here. I finally had an IT tech guru friend of mine, who actually, remotely accessed my computer and worked on it for over 5 hours and still no fix, still freezing just like the screen shot from "ALREET". Today, we finally figured it out!! I am running a program called "BSecure", which is an internet filter program much like the old "NetNanny". We unfiltered everything and still ITunes froze. We then went into the Control Panel and TOTALLY uninstalled "BSecure" and walla!! I connected to the ITunes store instantly!! I know many parents who have this program or a similiar program installed to monitor and filter websites. If you have one of the programs, I highly recommend TOTALLY uninstalling them to see if it fixes your issue. It fixed mine and I'm totally geeked!! I haven't re-installed it yet but if I do, and I continue to have this problem, I will post again. I hope this helps out. From the looks of things, a WHOLE LOTTA people with Windows 7 are having the same problem.

Oct 19, 2011 5:31 PM in response to Alreet

You are certainly NOT alone. I've been dealing with this problem for 2 months, and don't know what else I can try. I thought that it had something to do with an adblocker I downloaded around the same time, but after reading that others had similar issues with this version, I'm reluctant to think that's the case. Unless all of you have an adblocker installed. Anyway, please let me know if you find a solution. Hopefully an updated version of iTunes can clean up these bugs SOON.
I just want to give them my money, why won't they help us?!

Oct 19, 2011 8:17 PM in response to alexisfromflushing

I'm glad it worked out for you Alexis. I've removed my anti-virus, turned off my firewall on the PC and the router, uninstalled and reinstalled 10.5 several times, reverted back to the previous version and screwed up my playlist. We shouldn't have to go through all this just to update iTunes. 10.4 worked well for me with my anti-virus, firewall, or whatever I have on my Win 7 PC. Users are having many other issues with this release. Must have been rushed because apparently there was not enough testing by Apple. I'll live without it for a while. Getting tired. Apple needs to fix this!! Until then, I'll get my music elsewhere. Done with Apple.

Oct 23, 2011 10:27 AM in response to Alreet

Ditto here : I've been loading, unloading - changed virus software everything and it's just not helping. Diagnostics thinks I don't have administrator rights when I test the network and inidcates that I do not have a secure connection. I will stop killing my self - seeing how others are having the same problem. This happend about two months ago and then after deleting everything on my computer from Apple and reloading multiple times, it started working. This past week it stopped again. Has to be some flag or file in the Apple stack of stuff that is returning the error - I even tried deauthorizing and authorizing my account - didnt work either.

Apple HELP

Oct 23, 2011 11:25 AM in response to Alreet

I will join my voice to the growing chorus of folks having problems with iTunes 10.5 in Windows. The last few updates have left me without iTunes Store access, and I grow tired of being ignored.

But not to worry. There are plenty of alternatives to the iTunes store for downloading mp3, so I will take the time to remind folks about www.amazon.com. They have a huge selection and the same pricing scheme. If Apple refuses to listen to us complain about it directly, maybe they will do something when we start migrating to new buying habits.

Please use this forum to let folks know of any other websites where we can purchase mp3s.

Then, wait and watch for the solution to appear in the next update. I refuse to keep trying 8 step, over 30 minute solutions. It should just work. Two steps: install new software and start using iTunes store. Period. Full stop.

Oct 23, 2011 12:23 PM in response to Manny888

You're right, it should just work with out having to reconfigure your computer. My computer is three weeks old. I had 10.4 installed for a little more than a week when 10.5 was released. 10.4 worked well with my computer's configuration, firewall, anti-virus and so on, but I updated to 10.5 so that I could update my iPhone to iOS 5. This is when problems started. Haven't reached the iTunes store since. I'm glad that some of the users were able to resolve their problem by reconfiguring their anti-virus or other settings. Some of still haven't been able to have success. My question to Apple is why do we have to reconfigure anything?? It should just work!! I can reach any other online music store but iTunes Store. I've been getting my music from them for the last few days. And Amazon.com is not as good as iTunes Store but pretty close. Pricing and all is the same. Maybe we are a minority compared to the number of users who've had success with this update. Maybe it only affects Windows users. Regardless, Apple still need to address this problem. I may not have a Mac but I've bought 6 various iPods for friends and family, I've bought 4 iPhones, a few hundred dollars of music from iTunes over the years and I've urged my fiance' to buy a Mac Book Pro recently. Apple need to fix this problem for everyone!!

Oct 24, 2011 2:30 AM in response to Alreet

I thought I would give you all an update, I decided in the end that the only way to get this working again was to do a system restore back to when it used to work. So I did it and guess what.....It didn't work!

I am now totally at a loss as to what to do to get this working again. I'm thinking of going in to the Apple store and seeing if they can fix it, don't know what else to do.

Anthony

Can't access iTunes store - store page freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.