Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I upgraded to ios 5 some of my apps keep crashing. What should I do?

Ever since I have upgraded to ios 5, a larger number than usual apps have started crashing upon opening. I have no idea what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :-)

iPad, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 10:41 AM

If it's happening on all the apps that you've downloaded from the App Store, but not the Apple built-in ones, then try downloading any free app from the store (as that appears to reset something) and then re-try them - the free app can then be deleted.

If it's happening on all apps then try closing them all completely and then see if they work when you re-open them : from the home screen (i.e.not with any app 'open' on-screen) double-click the home button to bring up the taskbar, then press and hold any of the apps on the taskbar for a couple of seconds or so until they start shaking, then press the '-' in the top left of each app to close them, and touch any part of the screen above the taskbar so as to stop the shaking and close the taskbar.

If that doesn't work then you could try a reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2011 10:41 AM in response to aimeefromtopsham

If it's happening on all the apps that you've downloaded from the App Store, but not the Apple built-in ones, then try downloading any free app from the store (as that appears to reset something) and then re-try them - the free app can then be deleted.

If it's happening on all apps then try closing them all completely and then see if they work when you re-open them : from the home screen (i.e.not with any app 'open' on-screen) double-click the home button to bring up the taskbar, then press and hold any of the apps on the taskbar for a couple of seconds or so until they start shaking, then press the '-' in the top left of each app to close them, and touch any part of the screen above the taskbar so as to stop the shaking and close the taskbar.

If that doesn't work then you could try a reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

Since I upgraded to ios 5 some of my apps keep crashing. What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.