Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In iOS 5 - alarm sound/tone defaults to "Marimba"

I have alarms set with my own ringtones/sounds and they have worked fine for years, but after the update to iOS 5, all my alarms, pre-exisiting as well as newly created, default to the Apple Marimba tone. I can still edit and save the alarm witha chosen ringtone, but when the alarm actually goes off it is Marimba.

Anyone else having this problem or know how to correct it. It may seem like a small thing, but it is still an annoyance.

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 9:06 AM

2 replies

Jun 9, 2012 10:02 PM in response to TGH

I just went into the clock app, selected alarm at the bottom, then tapped the + symbol on the top right. That takes you to add alarm. I selected sound and choose an alarm tone I liked (one that doesn't cause a heart attack when I am peacefully sleeping). I hit save. It set an alarm for the time I began the process but I just turned that off. After that, whether I set an alarm manually or with siri, the same tone resulted.

In iOS 5 - alarm sound/tone defaults to "Marimba"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.