Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to login twice

Hi,

Often when I pick our MB to use it, after it wakes up I go to the login screen, type in my info, and wait until the Desktop appears. But just about when that is finished, the screen turns back again to the login screen, and I need to type in my info again.

I'm running Lion 10.7.2, but don't recall how far back this started, maybe already in Snow Leopard.

Any idea what could be the case?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 9:59 AM

5 replies

Oct 18, 2011 3:56 PM in response to Koen

This happens to me too on my MacBook Air (mid-2011). Upon restarting or starting from shutdown, the login screen appears, I enter my password and about 10-15 seconds later (with the Apple logo showing and the tick-wheel rotating), the computer restarts and shows the login screen. I enter my password and then I'm able to login as expected the second time.

Entering my password after locking the computer does not produce the issue (just one password entry suffices).

I don't remember if this started happen after running Migration Assistant, or installing LogMeIn. I'm going to try uninstalling LogMeIn to see if that makes a difference.

Any idea how to fix this?

Need to login twice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.