Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I retrieve my contacts if my phone was stolen?

My iPhone was stolen and I need help finding out how to retrieve my contacts. I know my phone performed a backup every day, but I can't find my backed up info. Also, wanted to know if that backup included any media or if that was only if you connected your phone directly to your computer.

iPhone 4, iPhone Stolen

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 10:02 AM

2 replies

Oct 19, 2011 7:12 PM in response to Tsunami1

Assuming you backed your phone up in iTunes, the backup is intended to be used to restore all the contents of an iPhone onto another iPhone (or the same one if you need to restore from backup). If you get a new iPhone, then you can restore one of your earlier backups of the old phone onto your new phone.

The backed up info will be in iTunes. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2109. If you follow these steps, on step 4 you'll see a list of your previous backups, identified by date and time. You'd just select the last backup you did.

I don't know how you can extract just a piece of that backup, like just the contacts, although it might be possible. That might be a genius question. When you look at the actual files that are in the backup, it's incomprehensible.

How do I retrieve my contacts if my phone was stolen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.