Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email not working on mac or iOS5

Current Problem:

iCloud.com will send and recieve email just fine.

iPhone4s and Mac will recieve but not send email. The emails appear to be sent. They show up in my sent folder, but they do not reach the recipient.

Attempted Solution:

Tried to remove iCloud account from both Mac and iPhone.

Tried to restart both Mac and iPhone.

Removed and added alias on appleid.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 12:35 PM

13 replies

Oct 18, 2011 12:57 PM in response to charliestroble

Same exact problem. So annoying. I actually got some random email from apple about how some of my emails were delayed. problem is, i sent those emails about 4 days ago. very frustrating that apple would again release a service with as many problems as the original me.com. I'm still using my old gmail address because it actually works. Worst part is, i've sent emails out to 3 of my own addresses for tests, if you send mail to another me.com address, it is received just fine. the other 2 emails were to yahoo or gmail addresses and neither works. APPLE PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP

Oct 18, 2011 7:24 PM in response to charliestroble

I'm having the same problem on my MacBook. I finally decided to create an alternative SMTP server for iCloud and that has solved the problem for me at least for now.

I used "p04-smtp.mail.me.com" for the server. Use SSL and the default ports.

It seems that not many other folks are having this same issue as I don't really see other posts similar to this. I got tired of waiting for a fix, so this will have to do for now.

Oct 25, 2011 3:28 PM in response to charliestroble

I can't believe I can't reliably and consistently send email through my icloud account. The team has once again brought shame to Apple. I've been trying for days to send email, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Amazingly bad showing here. If it can't send, at least return a message saying it won't send. Don't just let it go through and pretend like it's sent and then have it get stuck on the server. Yes, I tried the alternate server settings as mentioned above and that did seem to work for a couple of days. Seriously, you have got to be kidding me here.

Nov 6, 2011 10:37 AM in response to Len D

I can send mail from my iMac using my mac.com address, and send and receive using that account on my iPhone and on iCloud but cannot receive mail on my iMac. The incoming mail server is dimmed and I can't figure out how to change it (reads: p99-imap.mail.me.com). I've read all the other posts and tried as best I could to see if any suggestions work but alas, nothing. Is it an Apple server issue? Or has my dementia "clouded up?"

Nov 13, 2011 5:54 PM in response to charliestroble

Okay I think I have the answer for anyone who is upgrading to new OS and your emails are not sending. Getting an error MSG about not connecting to server. You have to go in to each account put in your user name and password again cause you need to have a check mark next to your name. When I opened the settings it shows my name and password so I thought it was good. Now I just re-entered my info and tada. Hope this helps

Email not working on mac or iOS5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.