Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my phone, it says no sim card and doesn't work, where is the sim card and how can I put it back in.

Hi

I dropped my phone, now it doesn't work says no sim card. Nothing fell out, but how do I pull the sim card out, and put it back in?

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2016 5:51 AM

This just happened to one of our employees. I first took the card out and put it back in and nothing happened. Then I saw this post so I took it out again, gently pressed the gold part, put it back in and voila!

9 replies

Oct 18, 2011 1:36 PM in response to dinafromrocklin

@dinafromrocklin

It's on the right hand side of the phone, you'll need the pin for it (located in the little white envelope, turn it over so the lift tab is facing you, carefully open it and you'll see it), if no pin, use a paperclip, short sharp push to get the tray to eject slightly, then remove by hands.

Thanks to tonefox and AnaMusic for links too, check them out if you have troubles dina.

Nov 23, 2015 2:50 AM in response to dinafromrocklin

Same thing happened to me .. i tried everything on the support page didn't work ..

But i tried to gently use the sim card holder (or whatever you call it) to push the inside of the iphone towrds the gold thing on sim card.

because somthing there wasn't able to read the card so i just touched it randmly and then pushed the holder back in ..

somehow it worked!! so .. good luck .. try it .. don't break anything

I dropped my phone, it says no sim card and doesn't work, where is the sim card and how can I put it back in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.