Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS 9.2.1 download link broken?

i am rebuilding an old G4 PPC AGP (Sawtooth) and i need to get up to 9.2.2. i have 9.0 and 9.1 installed but can't find my 9.2 disk. i tried to get 9.2.1 upgrade from downloads but after it goes to the export agreement page it simply goes back to the download page and nothing is downloaded. i've never had problems downloading before and this is new to me. Is the link broken or is there another place to go?

thanks

denis

AGP, Mac OS X (10.5.6), ATI Radeon 9200, ATI Rage128 Pro, 2GB RAM

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 1:26 PM

16 replies

Oct 18, 2011 1:41 PM in response to since_IIcx_er

If you scroll down a little to this topic, you'll find that others have experienced the same problem with the link for the OS 9.2.2 Update. I tested all three OS 9 Update links (9.1, 9.2.1, and 9.2.2) yesterday, and none of them worked. Hopefully, Apple will have it resolved soon. I'm not aware of any third-party/alternate sources for that download.

Dec 25, 2011 10:40 PM in response to kurt188

There was a guy from the UK that was tryng to upgrade a imac g3 500 and needed the 9.2.1 and 9.2.2 ugrade. His ,though needed the american version. Another guy in the UK had the upgrades but on floppy disks UK version . He had a link with all the floppies downloadable . I think there where about 25 of them. That is the only ones I ever saw.

Mar 14, 2012 9:11 PM in response to since_IIcx_er

If you try to go through the Apple web site, those links are not working, but the files are still there, because I just downloaded them yesterday, for all 16 languages they shipped OS 9 in. In fact, if you look at the links on the web site, you won't see all the update files, even though they are there. The trick is to know the real URL to download them.

I have archived all of them just in case they disappear, so if you're still looking for it, Iet me know.

Mac OS 9.2.1 download link broken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.