Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you access iCloud web interface from ios safari?

Can you access iCloud website from its safari on ipad2? Each time I load iCloud.com it just asks me set up iCloud on this device or set up find my iPad etc. was wanting to share my reminders but can't be bothered to go turn my pc on to access iCloud via that. Surely there is a way to access the web side of iCloud from an iOS device?

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 3:07 PM

22 replies

Apr 16, 2017 2:25 PM in response to Satikus

When I connect to www.icloud.com on my iPad, it takes me to the Apple Inc. page with the only 3 choices

being: set up iCloud on this device, open Find my iPhone and open Find my Friends. There is no options button, etc. as you describe, so I'm lost at this point. I am not directed to iOS or anything else but only have the 3 choices I mentioned.

Oct 21, 2011 10:13 PM in response to etresoft

Your not getting it. the only way to share reminders and or calenders, is through iCloud.com. But, if it is not accessable by an iOS device, then how is it that someone who only has an iOS device to access iCloud.com? Or of someone needs to share a calendar while on the road. There is nothin in ios to share anything On it's own.

Oct 22, 2011 3:35 PM in response to kirisilvermane

You do not access the iCloud web interface on iOS devices. For iDevices it's essentially just a service that works with and thru iOS 5 applications such as Mail, Reminders, Addresses, Contacts, Photos, etc., while also syncing the data in all these apps across all device, regardless of which one you used to create the new or edited info.

I do agree that Apple should be clearer about this. Having a re-direct web page explaining why you don't need and can't access the iCloud web page on iDevices would be much less confusing than being re-directed to a page of iCloud set-up instructions.

Oct 22, 2011 6:41 PM in response to Rysz

Ok, then tell me how to share contacts, calendars, and reminders with others, within ios5? But you can't, because there is no way to share with others within ios5. It can only be done from logging into www.icloud.com, which of course can't be done with an iOS device. Apple needs to either allow the sharing features of www.iCloud.com from within ios, or allow ios the web access to log into www.iCloud.com just like desktop safari.

Feb 1, 2012 2:47 PM in response to kirisilvermane

@ kirisilverman and corrda

Hello! If you havent already found a solution, i may have one for you, although its not a perfect one.

However it does allow you access the icoud interface from your iPad (I haven't tried it on my phone yet but I assume it works on the phone also).

I'm a full time student and on occasion I get assignments that force me to view sites that require the use of flash. Wonderfully the iPad does not support that, soooooo....

Wanting to be able to use my iPad for all my schooling and not having to supplement it with my laptop flash sites I found an app/web browser called 'photon' that allows you to view flash websites. Once you've paid (yes it is a paid app, no I have nothing to do with marketing it or selling it, in any way, nor do I benefit from its sales in any way, I have no connections to it or the developers except that I purchased it) simply go to 'google' or whatever search engine you use, hit the little lightening bolt button on the top right (it may be in a different location on the iPhone), search for the iCloud site and go. Not sure why it works, maybe the iCloud site doesn't recognize it as a mobile/apple device since its reading flash? No idea. But it works. One thing to note, tween running in 'flash' mode within Photon it's quite a but slower.

I shared a calendar and reminders with my girlfriend using this method today. In my trial I used my iPad to share a calendar and a reminders list with her iPhone. We both have different apple ID's also.

Hope that helps...

-B

Feb 1, 2012 3:28 PM in response to Ben Na

Flash has nothing to do with any of this. The iCloud.com website does not use or require Flash. It is disabled on iOS Safari because all its functionality is available thru iOS apps and services, so there's no need for it.

As you suspected, the site can be accessed by any iOS web browser that presents itself as a desktop browser, such as iCab, Atomic, etc.

Mar 3, 2012 2:16 PM in response to Rysz

There are times when accessing the icloud webpage would be convenient, certain preference changes can only be made there, also you cannot email a group from an IOS device, even though your contacts has groups, you cannot select one for a mass email, you can however do this from the icloud website. I have been able to login to icloud, with my ipad, using a third party browser set to desktop mode (dolphin), but so far it crashes when you try to compose a message... etc. Seems under thought out to me, hopefully this will be fixed in an update that is coming soon. There are a handful of other things I think need improvement, I think part of the problem is that apple views these devices as an accesory to a desktop/laptop computer, while in reality more and more people are wanting/using them to be replacements for a desktop/laptop computer.

May 10, 2012 1:25 PM in response to kirisilvermane

It would be nice to access the mail feature via web interface. My company's security settings prevent iCloud from downloading to my mail app, and they have also blocked the iCloud website from my company computer. Therefore, it is impossible to check my email unless I have a 3G connection- which my iPad does not have. Not a fan of iCloud AT ALL.

Can you access iCloud web interface from ios safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.