Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lots of problems with iTunes + iPhone 4. Need Help!

Hello, as the title suggests I'm in dire need of help with my iTunes + iPhone.

After the update to the new iTunes, when I plugged my iPhone in to backup and sync it didn't get past the "Backing Up" stage.

I've tried a re-install in itunes several times. Including a complete removal of all Apple Software on my computer.

After having to close iTunes once (using task manager as it does nothing else when "Backing Up") whenever I load up iTunes again, it freezes without being able to do ANYTHING!

My iPhone is still running the opperating system pre iOS 5, I'd love to update it... but guess what? I can't...

I've tried running iTunes in compatability mode for windows 7, I've tried several USB ports. I've tried removing photo's. Next on the list is a hammer but I'm trying not to use that one.

Please help! 😟

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 4:14 PM

6 replies

Oct 19, 2011 11:59 PM in response to diesel vdub

The fix was found by Geeksquad who require subscription. A user is the one who got the solution. So there's nothing wrong in sharing the solution.

I found the solution among another discussion in the forums. For others who have the same issue like OP and me, do this and it will resolve the issue for you.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3372169?answerId=16329409022#16329409022

Lots of problems with iTunes + iPhone 4. Need Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.