Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing iTunes from External Hard Drive in new User Account

I used to own a macbook and I played my iTunes library from an external hard drive. I've recently upgraded to a macbook Pro and I copied all data, profiles etc across from my old macbook into a separate 'user account' on the new mac Pro ("Old Account"). I have also created a separate second account in the mac Pro ("New Account"). I am able to play my iTunes library from the external HD in the Old Account, but not in the New Account... In the New Account, when I launch iTunes while holding down the option key, it gives me a choice to choose an iTunes library. On the external HD I have an iTunes Media and iTunes Music folder, however, regardless of which folder I select, I get the following message: "An iTunes library file could not be found in the folder "[Name of Folder]". Please choose a different folder." ... Please can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 5:45 PM

There are no replies.

Playing iTunes from External Hard Drive in new User Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.