Currently Being ModeratedNov 28, 2011 9:48 PM (in response to Leann O.)
I am also having this problem. Kind of annoying. On my iPod, the app-specific password works fine, when I generate another one for use with iCal, iCal says it's invalid.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 28, 2011 9:52 PM (in response to cheesesilk)
Just got it to work. I just entered the app-specific password through the system preferences / Mail Contacts & Calenders window. Then, I quit iCal completely and restarted it. Works like a charm. Hope it helps.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 29, 2011 9:14 PM (in response to cheesesilk)
Hey! Thanks for replying. Your solution is a good one, and I also found another solution a few days ago. I actually totally forgot about this thread until I logged in and saw that you had replied to it! Here is the other solution I found:
Hopefully if someone else has the same problem, they can do a Google search for it and find this thread!
Thanks again for replying!
Currently Being ModeratedDec 5, 2011 11:57 PM (in response to Leann O.)
None of these solutions work for me. I removed my Google account from iCal and am now trying to add it. I have tried using the google guide but it didn't work (it said the server wasn't a caldav server).
Currently Being ModeratedAug 5, 2012 2:04 PM (in response to cheesesilk)
Cheesesilk, thanks so much man that did the trick for me.
Steps for anyone else stuck:
1. Go to Apple icon (top left of screen) > System Preferences > Mail, Contact & Calendars
2. Delete your current gmail account by selecting it and pressing the "-" button
3. Add a new Gmail Account by pressing the plus and selecting Gmail
4. Type in your account details but when you get to the password stage, generate a new application specific password from: https://accounts.google.com/b/0/IssuedAuthSubTokens#accesscodes
5. Type that new password in (you can copy paste it)
6. Hit Setup and it shoud be now syncing up your calendar and mail account again!
Currently Being ModeratedAug 9, 2012 12:55 PM (in response to Braaco)
Thank you. I realize this is an old thread but this completely worked for me and wanted to give a thumbs up in case anyone else is having the same issue. Thanks!
Currently Being ModeratedAug 9, 2012 8:38 PM (in response to Braaco)
You're welcome! And Thanks for making this user friendly, specific and accessible! It's nice when we can solve each other's problems
Currently Being ModeratedAug 10, 2012 5:10 PM (in response to Braaco)
One note: I have many calendars in my google calendar. In order to make all those calendars sync as well, I had to follow the above steps plus:
- launch iCal
- open Settings -> Account
- click the appropriate Google CalDAV account
- select the delegation tab
- enable all the appropriate calendars that you want sync'd with iCal
- close Settings
- confirm calendars now show up in Calendar List
- Refresh All, this should cause all the added calendars to fail, one will even pop-up a password dialog box.
- Paste in the generated google password from the initial steps and click OK
- Click each of the error triangles in turn, pasting in the password into the dialog box that pops up and click OK
- refresh all and cofirn they all sync now
Currently Being ModeratedAug 15, 2012 7:28 AM (in response to Leann O.)
The above solutions work well for me for a period of time. Mail has never been the issue, but Calendar is still the culprit. After a day or so, I am again prompted for a password in Calendar. As such, even when going through the steps it appears that the password doesn't 'stick.' I'm resorted generating a new password, pasting it in and then it works for a day or two.
UPDATE: I'm running 10.8 Mountain Lion
Currently Being ModeratedAug 24, 2012 4:50 AM (in response to Leann O.)
This worked great for me - Thanks, Braaco.