Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple Bluetooth keyboard not have "Send" functionality when using with iPad or any iOS devices?

I love useing Apple bluetooth wireless keyboard with my iPad, and I am especially enjoying the new iMessage feature of iOS 5.

However, it seems that a simple update that enables the bluetooth keyboard to allow users to "Send" using combinations such as Cmmd + Enter or Shift + Enter would benefit many users.

While this post is a suggestion, I am open for any tips or advice if anyone is willing to share. Thanks!

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 8:28 PM

4 replies

Jan 3, 2013 4:09 PM in response to mighty_tae

This feature would be awesome especially because some people don't have awesome keyboard stands to use to hit the send key easily, also the "hitting the send key on the iPad" is getting old i just got the iPad Mini and i love this thing but hitting the send key when you frequently use imessaging to talk to my friends or coeworkers is a pain. It's hard to hit that little send key especially when your iPad isn't in the perfect position....

Apple please fix this.

Does Apple Bluetooth keyboard not have "Send" functionality when using with iPad or any iOS devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.