Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ironically broken

I accidentally dropped and broke my wifes ipad 2. was very frustrated, talked to a friend who is really close to me. he said don't worry same thing happened to his wifes' ipad as well, he said he took it to the local apple store (wellington, FL store in this case) to get it fix. When he showed it to genius, genius goes ok if this is your first time i can replace it for you free of charge. my friend accepts the generous offer and in 20 minutes, they replaced his ipad, and even transfer all the data from the old one to the new one.

when he tells me this story I started feeling better. Then made a search on the internet. and found similar comments on some sites. then offcourse I ran to my apple store (buckhead atlanta lenox mall in this case). expecting same treatment since I also broke anything apple for the first time. after i tell the genius i want to fix it she tells me "yeah, it's not fixable, it is broken beyond repair, so if you want to purchase one, we have a special price for you $419.00" !!!!! i was like Wh whattttt!!!???? certainly that was not what i was expecting. then I explained to her what happened and my friend got replaced with a brand new and this and that.

she goes "I understand your friend got a replacement, but what i'm offering you is $419. That may be a different situation blaha blah blah..." I tell her again and again seh replies the same exact way.

And her comes the irony; me and my wife had gifted this other couples ipad for my his wifes birthday. So there are two ipads both bought by the same exact person. Both of these devices gets screen broken after an accidental drop, but the one in FL gets replaced free of charge with very satisfying customer service. no questions asked. and the other one in GA doesn't. they are same ATT 64 gb white ipads. I bought them with maybe two weeks between them.

offcourse i felt that this was verry unfair and frustrating as well. I asked for a supervisor, he comes repeating the same things clearly and calmly and kindly. and he kindly says the same thing that the girl was saying, and adds "I understand your friend was treated differently, but what i can offer you today is $419, if you don't like to take it, can't help you further."

I felt like just a couple days after Steve Jobs passed and the company changed policies already!? Couse I don't think he would allow this to happen to his customers. My wife and I been good loyal customers to apple last 5 years. bought six iphones, three ipods, a mac book pro, and three i pads.

To me this is unfair business practice, and I will talked to a lawyer about this.

I hope somebody who has responsiblity reads this from apple and feels a broken hearted customer.

and hope you don't remove this.

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 9:51 PM

1 reply

Oct 18, 2011 11:02 PM in response to Apple is Unfair!

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

These are user to user forums. Complaining to us will not help solve your problem. Apple does not monitor these forums, except for compliance with the Terms of Service Agreement. Visit Apple's "How to Contact Us" page for other ways to register your concerns and complaints: http://www.apple.com/contact/

If you purchased the broken device with a credit card, check your cardholder agreement, and your homeowners or renters insurance for possible accidental damage coverage, deductibles, and limitations.

Stand-alone tech device insurance is available from companies like SquareTrade.com for replacement coverage of iPad 2 including accidental damage and liquid damage for $100 or less for two years. Square Trade often has sales and discounts, so two years of coverage could cost as little as $70.

Finally, if all else fails, take your broken iPad to the Wellington, Florida Apple Store. Perhaps they will also provide you with a replacement as they did for your friend.

One Apple Store manager enforcing clearly stated company terms and conditions against covering accidental breakage does not mean that Apple is unfair. Rather, it means your friend got an unfair break!

Message was edited by: kostby

ironically broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.