Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro electricity leaking problem !!!!!

My Macbook Pro has been up and running now for 11 mths ,However I've noted that when I touch some of the aluminium bits around the KBD

it feels like I'm getting the tiniy bite of a electricity shock.

previously it only happen 1-2 times a week, but now almost everyday..............

Has anyone else experienced this?

i know the voltage is so call "safe" level ,but i dont think it's good for health if i kana bite by electricity everyday .......

can appple do something about this issue?

thanks

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 12:12 AM

15 replies

Oct 29, 2011 4:36 AM in response to Loyalizer

Thanks dude, just bring it to apple this afternoon, the answer is exactly the same as here..."that's normal...lots of users have this issue.....not dangerous...blu...blu...blu...."

holy shoot ! man ! !......holy shoot!

this is apple way? when problem comes out they are not taking the responsbility to fix it but to quibble?

Just like last time then iphone4 came out, there was something wrong with the signal antenna....that was definitely a design problem!!but what apple gave us? "the way you are holding the iphone is wrong....."at the end.apple gives the free"condom" to us......

if you guys google the key words"mavbook pro static / electricity shock", you will find there are so many users who are facing this problem since G4 !!! that means apple start his quibble on the same problem since August 31 1999......wooh long story,,,,

haiz........ last item from apple...really disappointed the product and the CS......

anyway thanks all ! all of you guys!

i think i need to try my luck to write to Tim Cook regarding this issue.....lol

Feb 12, 2016 6:52 AM in response to kukubird

Hi Kukubird

Wonder if your case got solved.

My son's MBP seems to give him shock too (see vdo below).

I experienced the shock when I tried, it is not just tinkering, but painful enough that I cannot leave the palm there.

I wonder how much is considered safe and ok?

(I understand the grounding issue; however, I also would like to know how much leak is acceptable.)

Thank you very much in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcQODoVU6e8

macbook pro electricity leaking problem !!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.