Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud won't sync Safari bookmarks

I have an iMac, iPad 2 and iPhone 4 all them with the same iCloud account and the bookmark sync activated on settings. However, each device maintains different bookmarks and do not sycn at all. Any idea of what's going on?

Thanks

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 1:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 5:19 AM

Same problem here, the iCloud bookmark sync just doesn't work.

In addition to that, my bookmarks is messed up with a lot of garbage bookmarks named "1Password login", which I think it might be related with the iCloud.

12 replies

Mar 20, 2012 5:15 PM in response to BrunoSerge

Hi. I found this thread too because I initially had bookmarks syncing problems. Here's what worked for me (Safari bookmarks are *now* synced on an iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad, and iPhone)....

On the iPad/iPhone

- go to Settings, iCloud, tap the Bookmarks switch OFF and ON

On a Mac

- go to System Preferences, iCloud, tick and untick Bookmarks

Also make sure that you are using the same account (as John menitoned).

I would assume these steps will work well too with other apps that are not syncing. Good luck!

Mar 20, 2012 6:51 PM in response to Joel Suplido

Tried the Off/On thing before, didnt work. Theres no iCloud settings on snow leopard, only MobileMe.

What a mess, Apple! Why cant you just give us an import bookmarks from an html file? is it gonna break your closed system iOS? I cant even have a decent file manager on the iPad! why does this have to feel like an ATM machine? I cant do any regular work here, i cant download torrents, and i cant install open source apps without jumping through hoops. OH and I can,t have a US International touch keyboard - i have to tap and hold every accented key i type, and the auto correction *****...

May 21, 2012 8:42 AM in response to Jose Mendiola

I'm having the same problem. I'm getting VERY ****** off that what should semmingly be a very simple concept of syning across devices is so difficult. I have an iphone, MacBook Pro, and a Mac Desktop. I'm signed on through iTunes on each machine with the same account. And still nothing syncs. I've turned bookmarks on/off on the phone, still nothing. Can ANYONE from Apple speak up and give us a solution. This is ridiculous and makes me open my eyes to other phones. As someone else said, Google seems to be doing it with ease.

Jun 6, 2012 12:33 PM in response to djjondy

I was having the same problem, running MacBook Pro, Desktop Mac Mini, iPad and iPhone, all were syncing except the macbook pro. Very frustrating indeed. I tried switching the bookmarks sync on and off sebveral times in icloud prefs, and I quit and relaunched safari a couple of times.

Eventually the macbook pro safari bookmarks synced. Sucess. Seems a bit of (as we would say in the UK) an arse to get it to sync, but fingers crossed it will all now work ok. Should all work more easily than that with no need to faf around. Expected a bit better from Apple....

iCloud won't sync Safari bookmarks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.