I'm using OS X lion 10.7.2 and the search function within the Address Book (v6.1) has stopped working.
Also, when I click on a contact listed on the left, the detail of that contact does not appear on the right.
However, if I double-click on a contact on the left the correct details do pop up in a new window.
Anyone know the fix for this?
Simon - Are you using iCloud and syncing your Contacts? I an similar issue that sounds just like yours:
- search didn't work
- selecting a contact on the left did not cause the righ to update)
- doduble-click on a contact did pull up the correct information
- and (for me) my contacts worked fine when navigated to iCloud in Safari
If you are syncing with iCloud, try this.
- Back up your Address Book. Close Address book.
- Navigate to System Preferences > iCloud, and un-check Contacts.
- You'll get a message about deleting/keeping contacts on your Mac. Select "Delete From Mac"
- Check Contacts in the iCloud preference panel - which should then start the processing of downloading all you contacts from iCLoud to your address book.
This worked for me - hope it helps.