Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY iCloud Mail Bombarded with Junk Mail

MobileMe wasn't the greatest with junk mail, but since the transition to iCloud, my inbox is bombarded with with junk mail every day now. Has anyone else noticed a noticible increase in junk mail after the transition from Mobileme>iCloud.

1) Comcast account - virtually no junk

2) .com webhost account - virtually no junk

3) gmail - virtually no junk

4) iCloud - ridiculous amount of junk

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iCloud

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 5:18 AM

iCloud: Why was I spammed?

Cloud: How spam is filtered

Report spam using this email > spam@me.com

6 replies

Oct 19, 2011 5:34 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks for the links. I consider myself to be careful about my addresses, short of being paranoid about it. Apple's best solution seems to be to delete them. There's now way I could set up the many filters as would be needed to do it that way.

I'll certainly look over the suggestions in the links, many of which I've already been applying since the iTools .mac days.

Already received 3 junk mails since my original post to now.

Sep 26, 2012 11:18 AM in response to tissuebox

I too am BOMBARDED with junk mail since icloud. Apple support says you can flag junk mail and subsequent messages from these senders will go to JUNK mail - this is NOT TRUE for me. Spam from these (exactly the same FROM email addr) continues to drop into my inbox no matter how many times I flag it as JUNK. The huge amount of spam getting through begs the question: is Apple trying to drive folks to other email providers? I have to wonder.

Sep 26, 2012 11:27 AM in response to VAsue

Wow, Nothing like bringing an old thread to life. I still get spam. It's a lot better since I've learned how to set up proper Mail Rules. The Rules only work for high volumes of Junk mail in which the senders address doesn't change. True hardcore spammers know all about rules and how to get around them by constanly changing their address. If Apple can't filter them out at the server level, you don't have much of a chance.

But notice the addresses. If they are consistant, a Mail Rule will help.

User uploaded file

MY iCloud Mail Bombarded with Junk Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.