Previous 1 2 Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 2:27 PM by micnite
iSRS Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)

Strange issues since upgrading to iOS 5. I have always used my iPhone 4 (Verizon, with iOS 4.2.10) with the USB input in my 2010 Honda CR-V with no issues. I use the TuneIn Radio app to listen to out of market stations. Never had an issue. A phone call would come in, I would answer the phone, finish the call, hang up and the app picked back up.

Since upgrading to iOS 5, now what happens is the phone rings, I pick it up, and in addition to hearing the caller, the app stops playing, and it starts playing a song as well (from the Music/iPod app). The caller can't hear it, but I can barely hear the caller over the music.

Also, randomly when listening to a music/streaming app, it just stops and the Music (iPod) app starts.

Anyone else having this issue?

Any suggestions?

iPhone 4, iOS 5
  • sugz27 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm having the exact same issues! I just posted a similiar message, it's driving me crazy. I have to unplug the phone from the usb, the music somehow continues to play and then I have to manually go into itunes and pause the music. Defeating the whole "handsfree system." Hopefully someone will be able to help.

• Accotinka Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I wish I had an answer ... I have the same problem, plus another problem that annoys me no end. I like to play music on my phone, in car and at home. I will put a playlist on shuffle and just rock out until I am done. Since iOS5, it just stops playing after some number of songs. Might be 1, 5 , 12, 20 oo totally random. I have to close out the music app and restart. And we won;t even talk about the five hours it took to download and unglitch the OS in the first place!

• Ryanwayne Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have a similar issue in my car. Instead of shuffling or playing a playlist, it either gives an error message or it plays all the songs in order from A-Z. It worked fine when my iPhone 4 was on ios4. My friend has an iPhone 3s and updated it and is having the same issues, except his songs just stop randomly as well.

• dgh81 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am seeing the same exact issue as well in my 2011 Honda CR-Z.  If I am listening to Sticher, Slacker, etc and a phone call comes in, a random song from the phone will start to play during the call.  Only started with IOS 5.  Looks like a bug.

• iSRS Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)

@RyanWayne - my daughter had the same issue on her 4th gen iPod touch. For that, sync you iPhone (I suggest via USB) and uncheck 'Sync Music'

This will remove your music from you iPhone completely. Once that is done, recheck 'Sync Music' and let it run. That should help.

• SloppyG Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

My 3GS on ios5 didn't seem to experience this issue but my 4s is. Have a keyword x994 head unit and USB connection will occasionally fail, seems to be trying to play iPod music (instead of stitcher radio that was playing till then).

There was an update today for stitcher that mentioned "certain radio accessories" maybe it's an app problem?

Hope this gets sorted regardless.

Bluetooth streaming seems stable for me.

• ColleenFromAtlanta Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am having the same issue with my iPhone 4S in my Mitsubishi Outlander. It didn't happen before iOS 5 on my iPhone 4, but started when I went to iOS 5.0...and now on my iPhone 4S too.

5.0.1 seems to have corrected this issue for me.

Just providing a quick update. I have not experienced the issue since 5.0.1. Anyone else? In addition, and not sure if this is due to 5.0.1 or the recent update to TuneIn Radio, but the text on the radio deck now pulls the information from the app (I haven't tested with other radio apps, as I just noticed it this morning). So instead of it defaulting to the first song it plays, it says "Hill-Man Morning Show" and all the infor (Album, Song, Artist) have the corresponding text that is fed from the app.  Again, just can confirm this as of now on TuneIn Radio.

I will try Slacker, Podcaster, ESPN Radio, and Radio Disney today at lunch.

• ColleenFromAtlanta Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Sadly, mine is still doing it with 5.0.1. 

So I tried the other audio apps I mentioned earlier, and only Podcaster (in addition to TuneIn Radio) also displayed track information. The others have not added this yet.

• dgh81 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I noticed in Pandora today that track/album info showed on my head unit, but didn't change when the next track came on. Anyone have this behavior or does your displayed track update when the next track plays?

I honestly didn't listen long enough with music playing. The morning show I listen to and the podcast didn't change in my commute. I will try Pandora and rdio tomorrow.

Another thing I just discovered. If you are using iTunes Match, ONLY those songs physically on the phone will be available. Kind of a bummer

Previous 1 2 Next