Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing IPad contacts with MacBook Pro Address Book does not work

After installing Lion and iCloud, the first time I tried to sync my iphone, ipad 2 and MacBook Pro I had a disaster (duplicate events and lost events in iCal; duplications and lost contacts in Address Book). So, for the moment I have disabled syncing through iCloud (until I have time to look at the issue with tranquility).

Thus, I am trying to sync my devices through iTunes as I used to do before the upgrade. In the IPad I keep 450 contacts, while only 205 appear in the Mac Address Book. When I sync through iTunes, no exchange is made, even if I have selected the "All contacts" within "Sync Address Book Contacts". Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 8:09 AM

I solved the problem by retrieving all contacts into the MacBook Pro Address Book from a back up in Time Machine. I also deleted MobileMe from System Preferences and from the Preferences>accounts in iCal (in the Mac), and in Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Accounts (in the iPad2; this way I god rid of two cards per contact in iPad 2 Address book). Then in iTunes I selected the option to replace the information on the iPad with that on the MacBook Pro.

Deleting MobileMe throughout bot in the Mac and in the iPad seemed to clean much of the problem.

Thus, now I have all data (contacts in Address book and events in iCal) complete and organized in all my devices; I am still syncing through iTunes with appears safer than iCloud for the moment.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2011 8:09 AM in response to Acqua

I solved the problem by retrieving all contacts into the MacBook Pro Address Book from a back up in Time Machine. I also deleted MobileMe from System Preferences and from the Preferences>accounts in iCal (in the Mac), and in Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Accounts (in the iPad2; this way I god rid of two cards per contact in iPad 2 Address book). Then in iTunes I selected the option to replace the information on the iPad with that on the MacBook Pro.

Deleting MobileMe throughout bot in the Mac and in the iPad seemed to clean much of the problem.

Thus, now I have all data (contacts in Address book and events in iCal) complete and organized in all my devices; I am still syncing through iTunes with appears safer than iCloud for the moment.

Syncing IPad contacts with MacBook Pro Address Book does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.