Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Images from Photostream

How do you delete images from Photostream?? Can you??

Thanks

Sky

MacPro, iMac, 2-MacBook Pro's, Mac OS X (10.7), Mac Pro 12 gigs, 4-TB HD, MacBook Pro, IMac

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 8:37 AM

7 replies

Oct 26, 2011 8:27 PM in response to Skyking

Seems from what I've read even the reset option in icloud.com doens't actually delete anything. another forum mentioned that what it would do is this:

Let's say you have an iPad with photostream off. and with your iPhone photostream on, you take a picture, it uploads to the cloud. Then if you do a reset to the cloud, then turn on your iPad, that photo you took on your phone won't download to the iPad. So it's not like the photo really is ever deleted on the cloud (until 30 days). It's more like it's resetting the old versus the new with devices that enable the cloud.

Another tip I saw was if you turn off wifi, then your photos won't auto upload to the photostream so gives you a chance to review before they go up so to speak. I think someone put it best that it's not intended to store your photos forever. It's intended to allow multiple devices to get to one photo and save it off.

my 2 cents!

Jan 20, 2012 6:04 AM in response to Skyking

The thing is, the PhotoStream is not a method of storing photos as such. For that you have iPhoto, Aperture, and other third-party offerings. PhotoStream is simply a means of allowing new photos to be shared very easily between various devices. Looked at that way, it certainly has value and does exactly what it is meant to do. If you do not wish to share all your recently taken photographs, simply turn PhotoStream off, or don't activate it in the first place, and use email or file transfer or whatever instead to share selected photos with selected devices.

Deleting Images from Photostream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.