Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete iCal data from iCloud?

Ok, so I'm hoping this will be an easy one.

I sync'd my iCal with iCloud, and somehow have got duplicates for every entry going back decades.

I've done the old un-tick the iCal box in iCloud prefs, and deleted from my Mac.

I've also unticked the same setting in my iPhone and iPad, so now I'm showing no appointments anywhere on my devices, but double entruies on the cloud server.

I've managed to find a previous library of Calendar appointments using Time Machine, so I'm showing the correct diary on my Mac, but before I re-tick the sync box in iCloud prefs, I want to delete all the entries on the iCloud server, then I'll just move all my appointments to the cloud (once) and then on to my other devices.

Anyone help?

Thanks.

Bob.

2010 Mac Pro 3.2GHz Quad Core, 27, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 9:23 AM

Ah, I've done it.........

For reference..........

Go into iCloud Calendar.

Click on the Calendars on the top left to display a list of the Calendars.

Click edit

Click on each calendar, then click delete (so you delete all the calendars)

Finally, re-tick the Calendars option in iCloud prefs.

This has now re-loaded the correct (non-duplicated) calendar appointments up to the iCloud (see above how I got those back from Time Machine), and after ticking the Calendar boxes on the iPad and iPhone iCloud prefs, they are all displaying the correct entries now.

Phew!

Hope this helps someone.

Bob.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2011 9:23 AM in response to Robert Farthing

Ah, I've done it.........

For reference..........

Go into iCloud Calendar.

Click on the Calendars on the top left to display a list of the Calendars.

Click edit

Click on each calendar, then click delete (so you delete all the calendars)

Finally, re-tick the Calendars option in iCloud prefs.

This has now re-loaded the correct (non-duplicated) calendar appointments up to the iCloud (see above how I got those back from Time Machine), and after ticking the Calendar boxes on the iPad and iPhone iCloud prefs, they are all displaying the correct entries now.

Phew!

Hope this helps someone.

Bob.

Jul 9, 2015 2:13 PM in response to Robert Farthing

Useful, however, when you want to clean-up Family calendar - brought to your iCloud by Family sharing option, things become difficult. I found only option to open OS X calendar on Mac, making Family calendar only visible and put "" to search box. In results you will get all events in Family calendar and you can select those and delete.

Do not scroll while deleting, as calendar application did always crashed for me :-/.

How do I delete iCal data from iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.