Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting a warning that I am not disconnecting my digital camera properly. Can you help me? era correctly after uploading photos.

I keep getting a message that I am disconnecting my digital camera incorrectly. Before I got my iMac I didn't have this problem, but now I can't find the FILE, EJECT buttons. My computer consultant says to go to UNTITLED FOLDER under ALBUMS and click on the circular icon to the right of it. Right now

the untitled folder is there, but not the circlular icon. No matter how I try to do this, I get a warning that I have done it improperly and that I may have caused damage. I don't want to damage my camera or my iMac. How can I disconnect properly?

iPhoto '08, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 10:31 AM

3 replies

Oct 19, 2011 10:34 AM in response to genefromsedona

When you connect your camera, what settings do you use for importing the pictures? I have mine set to simply show on the desktop, so I get an icon "Canon" on my desktop. When I'm done, I drag that icon to the trash and that is how you properly eject it. So we need to figure out where that icon is. Go to your settings in iPhoto and check those as well as in CDs and DVDs in System Preferences and also in Finder Preferences. Post what you see in those locations.

I keep getting a warning that I am not disconnecting my digital camera properly. Can you help me? era correctly after uploading photos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.