Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

save to iCloud from Pages

Hi all, i saved a file in Pages, it saved as normal into My Documents, but how does it get on my iCloud ?, i was wanting to continue editing it on my iPad, on which i also have Pages, but i immediately came up against another problem, thinking i might? be able to open it from my iCloud, what on earth is iDisk ?

tim

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 10:47 AM

iDisk is a service of MobileMe that has not carried over to iCloud.

My understanding is you need to activate iwork.com to sync your Pages files with iCloud. Look to the right of this page, in "More Like This" for links to other threads that may help you.

13 replies

Oct 19, 2011 11:35 AM in response to timmy toad

Pages on the Mac doesn't support iCloud. You have to upload your pages documents to iCloud.com. Then you can work on them in iOS will full iCloud support. When you want to work on the file on your Mac again, you must download a new copy from icloud.com.

I suggest you contact Apple and encourage them to provide real iCloud support in Pages: http://www.apple.com/feedback/pages.html

Oct 19, 2011 11:51 AM in response to etresoft

hey i do believe i am getting there, i have now made a couple of new bookmarks and put them on my Bookmarks Bar, but it is STILL a lot more work than i was led to believe.

Yeah, good idea that is worth a shot at the Feedback/Suggestions department, it looks as if a lot of folk are in the same boat.

I still dont know ANYTHING about iDisk though, perhaps, HOPEFULLY i dont need to, why dont they scrap it like they have mobile.me ????

tim

Oct 19, 2011 12:17 PM in response to timmy toad

Oh yes friend i know that NOW thanks. Furthermore, in Pages on an iPad the spanner in the top right corner is where you go to print and share, there are a few ways to 'save' your document, iDisk is one of the options, why is that option there when it doesnt exsist anymore !?

AND for its worth? i sent joff, ust this minute, a lovely complaint come Feedback to Apple HQ !!!

Tim

Oct 30, 2011 6:32 PM in response to timmy toad

timmy toad wrote:

... Furthermore, in Pages on an iPad the spanner in the top right corner is where you go to print and share, there are a few ways to 'save' your document, iDisk is one of the options, why is that option there when it doesnt exsist anymore !?

There are people not using iCloud but instead opt in to use Mobile Me until it dies. For these non-iCloud users Apple still includes that option in iOS5 apps. If one uses iCloud, that specific feature is useless.

After mobile me is no longer, expect a iOS iwork update that will remove that "save to idisk" option.

save to iCloud from Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.