Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable birthdays from the iOS 5 notification center?

I don't think it can be done - I hope it's not intended to work this way.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 11:40 AM

6 replies

Oct 26, 2011 2:58 AM in response to Mauronic

Same here!

I'm syncing my iPhone 4 (iOS5) with Outlook. Birthdays are stored with my contacts and created in the Outlook calendar. Thus they are synced to the iPhone-calendar. But as I sync the contacts as well, my iPhone creates a birthday calender. This one can be hidden in the iOS-Calender-App, but the birthdays show up in the notification center no matter if the calender is hidden or not.

I'd be nice if you could just disable the automatic birthday calender function of iOS and get rid of the double notifications and crowded NC.

Nov 3, 2011 6:48 PM in response to Mauronic

Since last I updated to iOS5 I'm having serious calendar issues. They've duplicating all by themselves until I had 95 birthday calendars replicating each birthday. It's really annoying. I erased every app that had any contact info, disabled facebook sync, checked on contacts and calendars... I still have birthdays replicated by the dozen.

I Hate it! I don't want birthday calendars. It should be MY option not Apple's. I want my old calendar back.

Oct 2, 2012 8:08 PM in response to kvc5

Facebook birthdays plague all mobile OSes. I've used BlackBerry, Android and now iPhone and the problem is everywhere. Facebook birthdays take over your phone. In Android, they don't show up in your notifications, but they are on your calendar and don't go away, even when you disable the Facebook calendar in the calendar app AND in Facebook. Don't pick an OS based on that, because it's not an isolated problem.

Aug 20, 2014 12:29 PM in response to Brent M.

this IS an isolated problem. I also have a windows phone 8.1 and when I disable birthdays, it won't show in my calendar and it won't bug me in the notification center. That's not the case with iPhone. it keeps showing up in notification center and its completely annoying!! and absolutely ridiculous for such an obvious glitch that hasn't been taken care off... unless there is an easy solution and we are ALL unable to find that EASY solution...

How do I disable birthdays from the iOS 5 notification center?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.