Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BT homehub 3 with time capsule

I currently have a home hub that acts as my modem and wireless router. I live in a thick walled house and the Internet connection becomes weak upstairs. . My plan is:

Use powerline to get ethernet from homehub to upstairs

Plug Ethernet into time capsule

Create a new, separate wireless network

So in essence, what I want to know is can I create a second wireless Internet network through the time capsule through this method? And will any conflicts from running the two networks occur?

Thanks for any help

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 3:56 PM

What you propose is fine..

You set the TC to bridge mode.

What can conflict is wireless channels so make sure you set them to manual and use different ones on the home hub and the TC.. most likely you can use 5ghz though on the TC.. home hub I doubt will operate in 5ghz band. But you might want to turn off or at least fix the 2.4ghz. You can also make it roaming by using the same ssid and security on both the home hub and TC.. but wireless channels must be different.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2011 3:56 PM in response to turner6

What you propose is fine..

You set the TC to bridge mode.

What can conflict is wireless channels so make sure you set them to manual and use different ones on the home hub and the TC.. most likely you can use 5ghz though on the TC.. home hub I doubt will operate in 5ghz band. But you might want to turn off or at least fix the 2.4ghz. You can also make it roaming by using the same ssid and security on both the home hub and TC.. but wireless channels must be different.

BT homehub 3 with time capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.