Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to revert to iOS 4.3.5

Please let me know how to revert back to iOS 4.3.5

iOS 5 is slow and unstable.

iPod touch, iOS 5, iPod Touch 3g

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 3:30 PM

10 replies

Oct 21, 2011 2:11 AM in response to mtbikemike

My iPhone 4 is also slow and unstable with the final iOS 5 release. Ironically, it was much better with the Beta software. Symptoms I see now

1. applications sometimes crashing on start up (had to reinstall one of them to make it work)

2. camera extremely slow to start

3. camera very unstable - crashes or becomes unresponsive

4. I now seem to be dropping calls frequently! ("Call failed")

5. Battery life seems awful - always difficult to quantify but not getting a day out of it now

Unless I get a patch or a workaround I will have to get a different phone.

Nov 7, 2011 2:42 AM in response to mtbikemike

I have had some playback issues with the videos but the only app that seems to constantly crash on my ipod touch is plants vs zombies for some reason.

Have tried all the little tricks - restore, remove and reapply app etc ... no luck.

Lots of tiny glitches elsewhere that are more a nuicence than a problem.

Keep in mind though that when ios 4 was released, nothing worked at first but I must confess I loath the notifications drop down slider in videos ... it interferres with the opperation of the search bar when you drag your finger down to slow the search function.

I do wish it could be turned off but I know apple well enough to know that anything foisted upon us is here to stay with no backdowns and no freedom of choice but all americans are like that soooo .... *ahem*

Nov 7, 2011 3:28 AM in response to kevenstu01

As stated in my original post .... I did a restore.

It did not make a difference so I did a full on reset ... and it too did nothing to help.

Plants vs Zombies crashes on my 4th gen 64Gb ipod touch and is the only app to do so.

Yes I have taken it off and put it back on ... and yes I did shut down the device - power off - not on standby without making one iota of difference.

Also, I did not state that I wanted to revert to ios 4 (or any version thereof)

as to why the videos have some issues such as minor pauses alll of a sudden is anyones guess.

I did state that I loathed the drop down notifications bar in the video menu as it made navigation of the video difficult when you have to also slide your finger down to slow the search of the video.

To blindly make a sweeping statement that ios 5 is flawless on every device is foolhardy when there is significant proof of otherwise.

It also stands to reason that the beta of anything will have some bugs unless apple are the first to make a perfect beta which is highly doubtfull.

The general concession is that yes, there are unresolved issues and bugs on some devices.

For many others, the transisition was smooth and worry free.

This does not mean that the final score is 100% in apples favour.

Need to revert to iOS 4.3.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.