Skip navigation

Importing to external drive in Aperture 3.2, low disk space error for internal drive?

154 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2011 5:29 PM by frmrt RSS
frmrt Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 19, 2011 5:29 PM

Hi,

Never had a problem like this before, hoping it's a quick fix:

I'm importing about 20G of images into Aperture from a CF card.  The files are to be stored on an external drive.  That drive has nearly 250G free.  My internal drive has about 6 gigs free.  (Which I assume shouldn't matter much, as it's only being used for thumbnails, metadata, etc. for these images.)

However, when I try and import, I get an "Insufficient Disk Space Error" that says I need at least 10G more on my "Aperture Library Volume" to do the import.  Am I missing something? I have 250G free on the drive where the RAW masters are being stored...why would my internal drive need 16G (the 6 I already have, plus 10 more) for these photos?

Thanks so much.  I have a deadline on these photos for tomorrow morning, and I really cannot afford to wait too long to solve this.

Regards,

David

Mac Book Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.