Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lion preferences not saved permissions mail

Since I upgraded to Lion, mail can't save my preference changes. Neither can the finder. I get the error message in mail "writing your preferencess to disk has failed. Your preferences may not have been saved. The permissions on ~/Library/Preferences may be wrong... " I get the same message after I run Disk Utility and run the repair preferences option, which says my preferences are OK. Anybody have a fix for this?

poli

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 8:16 PM

1 reply

Oct 3, 2015 8:50 AM in response to polibop

Hi Polibop,

It took time to me solving this same issue (preferences not saved in Apple Mail, Calendar... even Mail password sometimes couldn't save).

I suspected user permissions were wrong but correcting permissions with Disk Utility did not help. Even the "Reset home folder permissions and ACL's" did not fix the issue.

4 years later then ;-)

Try BATCHMOD (http://batchmodmac.en.softonic.com/mac) and fix your /users/username/library permissions. Ensure the checkbox "Clear ACLs (10.5+)" is checked.

It worked for me. Hope it will be of help.

K.R.

lion preferences not saved permissions mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.