Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

nokia ck-15w carkit after upgrading to OS 5

I have upgraded my Iphone 4 to latest iOS version (5.0)

Now I got a problem with my nokia ck-15w bluetooth carkit device.

At the display of ck-15w device the name of provider, the indicator of battery and the signal stength is NO MORE displayed.

Iphone is connected with the carkit, but missing some information at the display.

Anyone got solution for this?

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 10:01 PM

9 replies

Oct 23, 2011 2:30 AM in response to salim.metin

I too have this problem. I updated my iPhone 3GS to iOS 5 and noticed that the CK-15W is now not displaying battery level, signal strength or carrier ID. I have now purchased an iPhone 4S and have the same issue. I wonder if this is due to iOS 5 now running Bluetooth 4 and that it lacks certain backward compatibility to Bluetooth 1.2 that the CK-15W uses. Other functions remain operational but I have to agree, this is very annoying. Sorry I can't be more help.

Nov 11, 2011 6:51 AM in response to salim.metin

Hi folks! As all of you I was disappointed that my iPhone under iOS5 didn't work with my Nokia car kit advanced CK-7W anymore. I went to my service shop who built in my car kit. The guy told me to reset my iPhone 4. Home-button and sleep-button pressed, till the iPhone shuts down automatically. Then, restart your iPhone and..... It works again.

Try it and you can use your iPhone with your car kit again!

Lots of succes!

Nov 11, 2011 6:21 PM in response to Peter Paul Selen

Hey Peter, on behalf of the others and myself, thanks for getting involved with the discussion. I for one am running an iPhone 4S with iOS 5.0.1 on board and after reading your post, thought that I would wander out to the car where the Nokia CK-15W car kit was waiting patiently for my attention and give your suggestion a try. Home and sleep buttons pressed until the iPhone turns off automatically. Restart and...........no difference.

There is and always has been, a workable connection between the phone and the carkit but since the iOS 5 upgrade the car kit does not display the carriers name, signal strength or battery level on the car kit's display. Everything else is ok just not the display.

Bluetooth 4 is supposed to be backwards compatible but something has gone amiss with the coding and I cannot justify replacing the car kit (makes a very expensive iPhone 4S) with an "iPhone approved" version.

Did you have a look at the link provided by jkokmelk? It seems that we're not the only ones with BT and car kit issues.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Jan 29, 2013 1:08 AM in response to bailey#70

Well, I'm going to give this topic a bump.

After upgrading to iOS 6 if still wasn't working.

Upgrading to iOS 6.0.1 made no diffefence.

Last night's upgrade to iOS 6.1 was just the same.

I've avoided saying anything quite so strong up until now but I'm finding Apple's arrogance in believing it is up to Nokia to fix this (this is a unit which, as far as I can tell, is not capable of receiving any form of update) unbelievable.

Am I finally going to have to give up and replace an otherwise good hands free kit (which I recently re-tested with a brand new Blackberry supplied by my employer)?

If I do it means I will have less money to spend in the Apple store.

Aug 18, 2013 12:05 PM in response to salim.metin

Got exactly the same Problem mit my iPhone 4 as you guys.

So i tried out Android phone (by HTC).

Android <4.x -> Everything works fine.

Update to Android 4.0.3 -> carkit works, but no info displayed.

Downgrade to 2.3.5 -> works fine again.

Written to HTC and got the answer, that the carkit must be incompatible to the phone or broken ... lol.

Find out, that Adnroid >4.x uses hands free protocol 1.6. Carkit uses 1.5.

Even the new protocol must be fully compatible i think this have to be the problem.

Aug 29, 2013 8:46 AM in response to Comusemr

Well, quite frankly I've had enough. It's clear that Apple are never going to fix it, if I wait for the next iOS I will just be more disappointed so last weekend I removed the Nokia kit and installed a new radio with built in Bluetooth. That displays callers properly on both incoming and outgoing calls so in happy from that standpoint, I'm just annoyed that I had to go and spend money to replace something that should have worked.

Hopefully I might get enough on eBay for the old radio and Nokia car kit to cover some of my costs.

nokia ck-15w carkit after upgrading to OS 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.