Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud set up SUCCESSFULLY in iCal (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)

I came across the 10.6: Add iCloud Calendar in iCal discussion, followed the instructions and successfully set up iCloud in Snow Leopard. I only tested one appointment but was able to create on iPhone then view using iCal and iCloud. Then I modified the same event using iCal and iCloud and all changes were updated correctly on all devices.

If this information is helpful you may want to drop a thank you to the original source.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), White 2008

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 12:09 AM

7 replies

Nov 21, 2011 8:57 AM in response to reubdogg

thankfully the original source i mentioned above includes details on how to find the info, see below.

"It will be of the form pXX-caldav.icloud.com (the XX would be numbers of the dedicated server). I was able to determine this value by sending an invite to another one of my other email accounts and clicking the 'Accept' button. This will open the reply in a web browser. If you look at the long URL, at the end there is a pXX value and that's the dedicated server."

Jun 17, 2012 12:20 PM in response to spkl03

Hi,

I'm trying to do this myself at the moment but I'm stuck at finding out the server address. I saw the post:

"I was able to determine this value by sending an invite to another one of my other email accounts and clicking the 'Accept' button. This will open the reply in a web browser. If you look at the long URL, at the end there is a pXX value and that's the dedicated server."

...but I don't understand how you sent this invite to another email address to find this out. What invite? Could someone please explain how to do this?

Many thanks in advance

Aug 5, 2012 7:32 AM in response to reubdogg

Besides the "xx" in pxx-caldav.icloud.com, which can be found by creating a shared calendar, you will also need the dedicated number for your iCloud account, which must be entered in the server path. Does anybody know a way to get this number ? I would expect to see this somewhere in the appleid management screen, but it doesn't show there.

iCloud set up SUCCESSFULLY in iCal (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.