Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to don't synchronize some audio tracks to iPad/Apple TV

Hi, in my iTunes library I've two genres of music that I don't want to synchronize to my iPad 1 and Apple TV (2nd gen) but I'd like to have available on my iMac (e.g. iMovie).

I achieved this goal with iPad 1 manually selecting which genres I want to be copied onto it but it isn't my favourite solution.

On Apple TV I see those audio tracks belonging to genres I don't want to be synchronized available but in "grayed" state anyway playable, this is (I guess) because on my iTunes library I deselected the first column as you can see following:User uploaded file

I thought that with that flag un-selected those audio tracks would not be copied/synchronized over the iDevices...

In conclusion: my goal should be to have the configuration to copy/synchronize the entire iTunes library to my iDevices without manually selecting which genres to have, is it possible ? How ?

Thanks a lot, regards.

Roberto.

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 1:05 AM

1 reply

How to don't synchronize some audio tracks to iPad/Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.