Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes crash every time I tried to launch it

I've updatet to the 10.5 iTunes and it worked properly, but after few days it just stoped launching. every time the same error

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.2 (11C74)

Report Version: 9

Interval Since Last Report: 52955 sec

Crashes Since Last Report: 38

Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 337 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 31

Anonymous UUID: F371FD83-9908-4A77-A11A-D5A297BA5062

Crashed Thread: 25

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:

objc[739]: garbage collection is OFF

*** error for object 0x7fc2640980f0: pointer being freed was not allocated

Itunes-OTHER, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 12:46 AM

5 replies

Oct 22, 2011 2:21 PM in response to dmitrij from kiev

Ok, this is what fixed it for me. I figured out that, for some reason, it was the iTunes Store that was causing the crash. iTunes tries to connect to the store right away and something must've gotten buggered up. I went into System Preferences and went to Network. I disabled my network connection by clicking on my network adapter and changing it from DHCP to None. Once the Internet was disabled, I was able to open iTunes. It gave me an error saying that it couldn't connect to the iTunes Store, which I just clicked away and iTunes continued working. Then I enabled my network connection again in System Preferences and iTunes continued running. I closed iTunes and now it opens fine, even with the Internet connection still on, so somehow, this must've reset some sort of setting and fixed the problem.

Hope this helps.

iTunes crash every time I tried to launch it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.