Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change "e-mail address for answer"

Hi,

Some days ago, I used MobileMe with a e-mail adress attached (name@domain.com) to a personnal domain.

• To receive the e-mail from name@domain.com, I just set up a forward address in my domain settings
  • To send the e-mail from MobileMe with the e-mail name@domain.com, I configured in MobileMe this address with the SMTP settings.

For a couple of days, I choose to migrate to iCloud.com, the migration worked pretty fine, but I didn't manage to use my address name@domain.com as "sent e-mail address" or "e-mail address for answer". That means that my clients will send e-mail with name@domain.com and I will answer them with name@me.com. It doesn't sound good...

Is there someone who had the same issue and find a solution ?

Thanks,

Jerome

PS: a possible answer is "Use Mail with a SMTP address", but I'd like to have the same feature with a WebMail, because I don't have always my Mac with me.

PPS: thanks to give me solutions with iCloud.com, not with IOS 5.

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 6:51 AM

See: MobileMe: About moving to iCloud

After moving to iCloud, the following webmail features will no longer work:

• Checking external POP email accounts.
  • Using a "Send From" address to send from a non @me.com or @mac.com email address.
1 reply

Change "e-mail address for answer"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.