Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing multiple icons?

Hi,

Is there a way I can change multiple icons of folders, subfolders and their content?

I have all my music on an ext. HD, with it organised into artists>album>songs and a similar setup on another HD for video files with organisation being TV show>season>episodes. I would like all audio files and folders to have the same icon and all video files and folders the same as well.

Is there anyway I can do this without the labour intensive task of opening each folder, going ot the the "Get Inf" for each file or folder within it and pasting my preferred icon??

Thanks

E

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 3:35 PM

3 replies

Oct 20, 2011 9:53 PM in response to Ehaughian

You can do it with just the OS.

First, copy the icon you want to use to the Clipbioard (Command-C).

Then open a folder containing files which you want to change. Slect all the ones you want to have the icon on the Clipboard; if it's all the ones in the folder, just press Command A.

Then press Command-I (Get Info) without clicking on one of the selected files. A single Get Info window will open, showing the number of files selected as the 'name'.

Click the icon at the top of that Get Info window, press Command-V (Paste), and in a few seconds all the selected files will display the same icon, the one you had copied to the Clipboard.

Folder icons - I would do those individually, unless you have hundreds. You can, of course, experiment with the same technique with a bunch of those.

Changing multiple icons?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.