Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari won't connect on PC/Windows 7

As part of my entry into iCloud, I've repeatedly downloaded Safari 5.1.1 to my Windows 7 PC and it will not connect to the Internet. Firefox, Chrome and IE all work fine, but Safari just whirs away forever, never connecting. And activating it seems to freeze up iTunes, preventing me from connecting to my iTunes account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Windows 7

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 3:27 PM

7 replies

Oct 20, 2011 6:11 PM in response to redhot47fl

OK, through a full-court-press Google search, I think I figured it out.

The PC's winsock setting had to be refreshed, apparently due to some sort of conflict caused by the installation of iCloud and Safari.

For others, in Windows 7, click Start, then type cmd (hit control-shift-enter), then type "netsh winsock reset"

After a restart, you should be good to go.

Oct 20, 2011 7:33 PM in response to dmbernal

My pleasure, dmbernal. Really just passing on the hard work of others.

I'd be interested to know if this turns out to be an enduring solution for you. I thought it was on my end, until I did a PC restart, at which point the problem with Safari re-surfaced.

After killing another program - Spyware Doctor - and trying the winsock reset again, I seem to be having better luck. Also, it's possible that re-activing another browser (Firefox) and/or iCloud makes the problem return.

I'm still troubleshooting this on my end.

Safari won't connect on PC/Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.