Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did anyone find out about the Static heard in music and Movies on the Ipod Classic?

I hope its something simple. My last few Ipod had the same issues and I found out that it was the Logic Board. I hope that this isn't the case. Cause the logic boards cost about as much as the Ipod Itself.

Proof:-

*Visible static noise in Music,Clicker Sounds, Videos.

*Sudden Jarring of the Ipod on a hard surface to clear the sound up.{Which happened to mind Today}

*Losing one or both sound channels in the ear buds, AV cables, Dock. The only way to fix it on the older Ipods and Classics was to push on the plastic by the Play/Pause and F.F. portion of the clicker wheel.

*Squeezing the bottom right of the Ipod when the "Pushing on the pastic portion" stopps working.

I found out that it was a bad soldering job. The Constant temperature change{From Hot to Cold back to Hot} Seemed to be part of the cause of the seperation of the Sound chip from the Logic Board. Besides dropping the unit, and sitting on it... squeezing it in any way for that matter.

Also that little sound chips was pretty powerful. Even now, the Older Ipods could Reach insane volumes compared to the Ipod Minis, shuffls, Touches. A starting sign that the chip is starting to fail is that the Ipod would get rather warm when touching the area near the Play/Pause and F.F. Also would be felt on the metal shield on the other side.

I'm Really hoping that this isn't the case. Got my Ipod Classic used and no way i can return it. {paid $120}

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 8:26 PM

There are no replies.

Did anyone find out about the Static heard in music and Movies on the Ipod Classic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.