Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verify account - email address not valid

I have a big problem with my itunes store account. Many years ago I created an account for the itunes store with an own e-mail adress (myname@owndomain.com). Two years ago I got an MobileMe Account with a new email adress (someone@me.com). Unfortunately it was not possible to change the email adress of the old account to the new adress. I got the message that someone@me.com is an account already and cannot be used, although I never used it for the itunes store.

Finally, a few month ago I decided to discontinue "owndomain.com", so the mail adress myname@owndomain.com is not existant anymore. From that moment I haven't got any email confirmations (of course) when I did a purchase, but basically myname@owndomain.com was still working to do purchases.

This week I did an upgrade to iOS 5 on my iphone. Suddenly, when entering the app store on the iphone, I got the message that I have to verify my account. Unfortuntately I cannot do this, as the email adress does not exist anymore. I thought that the message comes because the iPhone/iOS 5 combination is a new device which never was used before, but when I logon in iTunes on my Mac (which was working 2 days ago without any problems) I get the same message.

Short:

- I have no possibility to logon to my itunes store account anymore, as it is not confirmed.

- I cannot confirm it as the email address is not valid

- I cannot change the email adress, as I cannot logon (and as me.com adresses are not allowed)

I already created a gmail account today, so I would have a new email adress which should be possible to use for itunes, but how can I change it? Any ideas? Do you think the guys at Apple Care can help me? (I have Apple Care for all my Macs, but not for the iPhone). I will try it in the morning to call them, but maybe someone has an idea before...

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 9:42 PM

Solved, I found a solution in the web, as this seems to be a wide spread issue in the moment:

- Go to https://appleid.apple.com and there choose 'Manage your account'

- Logon with your old credentials

- Then change the email adress to a new one (remember that you can not use iCloud/mobileme addresses).

- Send the verification email to the new account. It took about 5 minutes, then I received it.

From this moment you have to logon with the new email address as apple id.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2011 9:42 PM in response to MccoQy

Solved, I found a solution in the web, as this seems to be a wide spread issue in the moment:

- Go to https://appleid.apple.com and there choose 'Manage your account'

- Logon with your old credentials

- Then change the email adress to a new one (remember that you can not use iCloud/mobileme addresses).

- Send the verification email to the new account. It took about 5 minutes, then I received it.

From this moment you have to logon with the new email address as apple id.

Verify account - email address not valid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.