Skip navigation

Verify account - email address not valid

1401 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 20, 2011 9:42 PM by MccoQy RSS
MccoQy Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 20, 2011 9:22 PM

I have a big problem with my itunes store account. Many years ago I created an account for the itunes store with an own e-mail adress (myname@owndomain.com). Two years ago I got an MobileMe Account with a new email adress (someone@me.com). Unfortunately it was not possible to change the email adress of the old account to the new adress. I got the message that someone@me.com is an account already and cannot be used, although I never used it for the itunes store.

Finally, a few month ago I decided to discontinue "owndomain.com", so the mail adress myname@owndomain.com is not existant anymore. From that moment I haven't got any email confirmations (of course) when I did a purchase, but basically myname@owndomain.com was still working to do purchases.

This week I did an upgrade to iOS 5 on my iphone. Suddenly, when entering the app store on the iphone, I got the message that I have to verify my account. Unfortuntately I cannot do this, as the email adress does not exist anymore. I thought that the message comes because the iPhone/iOS 5 combination is a new device which never was used before, but when I logon in iTunes on my Mac (which was working 2 days ago without any problems) I get the same message.

Short:

- I have no possibility to logon to my itunes store account anymore, as it is not confirmed.

- I cannot confirm it as the email address is not valid

- I cannot change the email adress, as I cannot logon (and as me.com adresses are not allowed)

I already created a gmail account today, so I would have a new email adress which should be possible to use for itunes, but how can I change it? Any ideas? Do you think the guys at Apple Care can help me? (I have Apple Care for all my Macs, but not for the iPhone). I will try it in the morning to call them, but maybe someone has an idea before...

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.