Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud for Windows won't install

When trying to install iCloud for Windows I get the error:

"The installer encountered errors before iCloud Control panel could be configured. Your system has not been modified. To try these operations at a later time, please run the installer again"

I am using Windows 7 64 bit, Itunes 10.5 64 bit. My iPhone 4 and my iPad 1 both have iCould installed OK.

I also tried to "run" as administrator - same error.

Any thoughts?

Abe

iCloud for Windows-OTHER, Windows 7, 64 bit

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 4:22 PM

I was able to find the solution myself 🙂 I noticed no one was replying to this problem and that no one else had the same problem so I figured it must be specific to my computer. All I had to do was a system restart and it worked great. All is OK now !

Sometime we overthink things 😊

4 replies

Oct 29, 2011 2:48 AM in response to abefromnanaimo

I had the same error as well when trying to install iCloud for control panel, good thing i came across your post.

So before taking your advice and restarting my computer, i decided to try install it again and it worked the second time round without a hitch.

I reckon however that restarting would be a good solution for anyone else who encounters this problem.

cheers!

Dec 30, 2014 8:30 PM in response to abefromnanaimo

When trying to install iCloud for Windows in Windows v8.1 64 bit I get the error:

"The installer encountered errors before iCloud Control panel could be configured. Your system has not been modified. To try these operations at a later time, please run the installer again"

I have disable the Anti Virus, removed other Apple apps, re booted the system and have tried the installer several time from several sources. THEY ALL FAIL.

Excerpt from Event Viewer;

Product: iCloud -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action RuniCloudUpgrade, location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\, command: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\iCloud.exe /upgrade

My stystem does not have a C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services floder

iCloud for Windows won't install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.