Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ical and google calendar won't sync properly

Recently, my google calendar and ical stopped syncing properly. I can add things to my google calendar and it'll sync into my ical, but i can't add in ical and have it sync into my google calendar.

I browsed other posts on Apple Support Communities and saw someone with a similar problem and someone recommended:

"Remove the following to the trash and restart your computer:

Home > Library > Caches > com.apple.ical

Home > Library > Calendars > Calendar Cache, Cache, Cache 1, 2, 3, etc. (Do not remove Sync Cache or Theme Cache if present)

Home > Library > Preferences > com.apple.ical (There may be more than one of these. Remove them all.)

---NOTE: Removing these files may remove any shared (CalDAV) calendars you may have access to. You will have to re-add those calendars to iCal > Preferences > Accounts."

I do that and it works properly (syncing both directions) for about a minute and then it gives the same error: "The server responded with an error. The calendar https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/tburns011@gmail.com/user///www.google.com/calendar/dav/tburns011@gmail.com/user/ was not found on the server. Make sure the URL is correct."

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 1:59 PM

tburns011, as a professional who supports Mac users in an all-Google environment, here are my own personal notes on this issue:

Problem:

iCal users who sync with Google calendars are having widespread problems:

• Google calendars receive an error when syncing/refreshing (marked with a warning triangle)
  • Events you delete in iCal remain in the Google calendar and are not deleted from the server, resulting in the can't sync error, above.

Google is aware of the issues. It sounds like they are waiting on Apple to resolve it, from the second reference link, below.

Solution:

Currently, there is no true solution. You may find some temporary relief by deleting the account from iCal, then re-adding it, but if you try to delete an event, your sync will immediately break. Google's recommendation is to only delete events from the web interface or an iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod).

Until either Apple or Google resolves this, the workaround is to use Google calendars under the web interface at <https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin>.

Also, you can use iOS devices such as iPhone and iPad without incident.

References:

Best of luck to you,

Axiom

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2011 1:59 PM in response to tburns011

tburns011, as a professional who supports Mac users in an all-Google environment, here are my own personal notes on this issue:

Problem:

iCal users who sync with Google calendars are having widespread problems:

• Google calendars receive an error when syncing/refreshing (marked with a warning triangle)
  • Events you delete in iCal remain in the Google calendar and are not deleted from the server, resulting in the can't sync error, above.

Google is aware of the issues. It sounds like they are waiting on Apple to resolve it, from the second reference link, below.

Solution:

Currently, there is no true solution. You may find some temporary relief by deleting the account from iCal, then re-adding it, but if you try to delete an event, your sync will immediately break. Google's recommendation is to only delete events from the web interface or an iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod).

Until either Apple or Google resolves this, the workaround is to use Google calendars under the web interface at <https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin>.

Also, you can use iOS devices such as iPhone and iPad without incident.

References:

Best of luck to you,

Axiom

ical and google calendar won't sync properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.