Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Telling Masters from non-Masters?

I need to sort a bunch of Projects that contain Images and I can't tell if these are Masters (which I can't delete) or non-Masters (which I can).

Basically I /need/ to move the Masters BACK to their ORIGINAL Project and I want to delete the non-Masters because they are not needed.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks

Jon

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 2:59 PM

Images _have_ Masters. Images are not Masters. Every Image has a Master.

Jon -- my suggestion at this point is that you consider hiring someone to set up Aperture for use in your firm. You've asked many questions several times (in small variants), and don't seem to have yet mastered the underlying topology of Aperture. (This last isn't surprising -- Aperture is both novel and complex.) Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2011 2:59 PM in response to hotwheels22

Images _have_ Masters. Images are not Masters. Every Image has a Master.

Jon -- my suggestion at this point is that you consider hiring someone to set up Aperture for use in your firm. You've asked many questions several times (in small variants), and don't seem to have yet mastered the underlying topology of Aperture. (This last isn't surprising -- Aperture is both novel and complex.) Good luck.

Oct 21, 2011 3:06 PM in response to Kirby Krieger

Hi Kirby,

Things are working fine. Thanks for your and everyone else's help. Would you mind taking a stab at answering the question if you are on the thread?

Are you indicating that my Aperture terminilogy is not correct in some way? Perhaps you can help me clarify if that is the case?

My understanding is that every image has a Master but that Aperture also uses pointer to the Master and that if you delete one (the Image that has the Master) you get a prompt that asks if you want to delete the Master, no?

I have a series of Projects and I am trying to figure out if I have to move all these back into the Projects where they belong (because they are Images) or if in some way perhaps these could be simply pointers.

Would you mind just following up here please? I mean,

Question: /Can/ I have BOTH Images and Pointers in a Project and if so how do I tell them apart...

Thanks.

Telling Masters from non-Masters?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.