Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What's happened to Video Podcasts in iOS 5?

So as everyone is now aware, Apple decided to switch iPhone users to having the Music and Videos apps instead of the single iPod app. However, there no longer seems to be a proper treatment for video podcasts, and I'm unsure what it will do with mixed content (some podcasts contain a mixture of video and audio episodes).

So what this means for me is that some of my video podcasts are a bit messed up. That is, before I used to be able to see their information text in portrait mode, and jump back 30 seconds using the button available to podcasts - really useful when watching podcasts while commuting. Now I don't seem to be able to do either, nor can I view videos in portrait mode. The main gripe is not being able to see the info text. On some podcasts such as the TED podcast, having a bit of background information used to be really useful, but now there doesn't seem to be a way of accessing it. Boo...

Does anyone know if there is a way round this, or is it gone for good now? Any chance Apple might add this feature back in?

iPhone 4, iOS 5, 4S 16GB

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 3:07 PM

1 reply

What's happened to Video Podcasts in iOS 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.