Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Waiting for changes to be applied"

Alright, i recently upgraded my PC. Running Windows 7 x64. I have not been able to sync properly since I got this up and running. I have the latest itunes, and have an iPhone 4 iOS 5. I even completely uninstalled iTunes, and anything with the name Apple in it from my PC.

I installed itunes again, plugged in my phone, it found the drivers. I open itunes, and click sync. and it just sits at "Waiting for changed to be applied" and thats it. It will not sync at all. This is a WIRED sync. not the wireless one. Can anyone please help! I want to sync my podcasts ofr listening on a daily basis.

iPhone 4, Windows 7, iTunes 10.5

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 5:22 PM

49 replies

Oct 22, 2011 8:34 AM in response to mjh101

I have, COMPELTELY reset the phone. I set it up as a new phone. Wont sync.

I have wiped my PC clean of anything Apple. Then re-installed iTUnes. Wont Sync

I have done the winsock fix. Wont Sync.

I have backed up from iCloud, wont sync.

I have told itunes to sync everything, Wont sync.

I have told itunes to NOT sync everything. Wont sync

I know I have the capability to not have to sync with itunes anymore. But I want to. I listen to podcasts, and you can not "Subscribe" to them within the phone itself!

Is this the time i go to an Android phone?

Nov 2, 2011 8:29 PM in response to Element905

In iTunes:

Preferences>Devices>Device Backups: select your iphone and delete the backup.

I did this and it synced without running the backup that was leading to the cue.

I think what caused the problem for me was that I was changing what I wanted synced and pressing apply while it was still syncing. So I will avoid doing that in the future.

Hope this helps.

Nov 7, 2011 12:05 PM in response to Element905

The actual issue seems to be the iPhone blocking the sync due to apps running in the background. I had this same issue (and can recreate it by leaving 'Settings' running).

To fix: (I'll keep it simple)

Press Home button twice quickly.

Press and hold a running app.

When the red minus sign appears simply press, close them all.

Then sync with iTunes. It seems the phone blocks access.

Hope this works for you all.

Nov 7, 2011 12:15 PM in response to Element905

I have been having this exact same problem. After updating to 5.0, it just won't finish syncing and stays at the "waiting for changes to be applied"....I did all that you tried also! I just got rid of the apps running in the background, but I don't really want to delete all my voice memos, (I will if I have to....)

Is deleting your voice memos all you have to do?

Nov 8, 2011 12:26 PM in response to Element905

Okay. I deleted all voice memos, closed all running apps on phone...it no longer is stuck on "waiting for changes to be applied", now it has been stuck on "waiting for items to copy" for 10 minutes! I'm getting really tired of this, I just want to finish a **** sync on my phone, something I've never had a problem with.... I'm also waiting for all of my ringtones to come back on my phone, since half of them are missing, even though they are all there on itunes.... Any more suggestions with this new message??

"Waiting for changes to be applied"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.