Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Cover flow Artwork Desaturated

Basically the problem is that no matter what I do before importing album cover art, when imported is desaturated or the color slightly washed out.

Basically it looks like this below. See how the cover art on the bottom left is more vivid and the artwork in cover flow is slightly desaturated.

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2pu0t9e.png[/IMG]

Has anybody encountered this problem or knows how to fix it?

iTunes-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 5:36 PM

1 reply

Dec 8, 2013 7:05 AM in response to tbogardus02

I know this is over two years old at the time of writing, but since it's the first result when you google "desaturated album art itunes" then I figure I should post my solution.

The desaturation is caused by the image being in CMYK colour mode (Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Key) as apposed to the standard RGB (Red/Green/Blue) mode our monitors use, most likely because of the source image being straight from the printer (who would have used a CMYK image).

So, if you have photoshop or Gimp, you can convert the colour mode of the image to RGB and re-save the image, there should be a tutorial if you google that, and it will stop being desaturated when you import it into iTunes.

iTunes Cover flow Artwork Desaturated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.