Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse's cursor doesn't move (but clicking works)

Two of my magic mice suddenly don't work anymore: the cursor does not move but left and right clicking and scrolling work.

I tested both of them with new batteries both on my MacPro and MBP.

A third MM (newest) works fine; so I must assume that the others (>1 year old) have a hardware malfunction which leads me to the question if I should buy a new MM or choose another product.

Does anyone have similar problems; what other cordless mice would you recommend?

MacPro 5,1, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 9:19 PM

27 replies

Sep 26, 2017 10:30 PM in response to siamless

i tried many options.... finally found this page http://magicmousehelp.com/fix-common-magic-mouse-issues/

in case the link does not work here are the directions

PRAM Reset

1. Turn off computer

1A. my step added: turn off the MM before turning off computer

2. Turn on the computer and hold the option, command, R, and P keys together until you hear the start up sound a second time.

User uploaded file3. The second start up sound indicates that the PRAM has been successfully reset.

This worked. Will see how long it lasts this time. Have tried other fixes but this one worked right away. i did get 3 start sounds, hopefully nothing extra happened. before restart i turned off the MM. after restart and all startup stopped i turned the MM back on and it was working.

Oct 4, 2012 7:06 PM in response to Kolohe K-9

I bought a Microsoft's Mouse. :/. I hate that, because im really enjoying the mouse...srrsr. But, im very sad when i look to the Magic Mouse, because i leave the mouse in the desk, its a beautiful mouse, so, i think its nice to have him, even he wont moving. 😟. Dammit. In all iGadgets that i have, the only one that gave me a really bad experience was the magic mouse. I have a group of Apple Brasil in Facebook. Everybody make me lots of questions all the time, and i always say to them, buy everything, but never...ever... buy the magic mouse. Sad, but true.

P.S: Really sorry for the english, i'm learning.

Magic Mouse's cursor doesn't move (but clicking works)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.