Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anybody found a way to Photo-stream videos?

Anybody?

iPhone 4, iOS 5, Photostream

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 9:44 PM

10 replies

Nov 11, 2013 3:43 AM in response to Bob Faulkner

The web-link Photostream does have the video; that's how I have shared video with non-Apple devices. If I visit the web link in Safari, the video is there. In iPhoto, get the Info for the photo stream and you can get the web link (if you have made it public).

I have not tried it within iPhoto on a different Mac because I don't have another Mac, and my relatives aren't running Mavericks yet. From what you say, it doesn't work but I haven't seen that for myself.

Nov 11, 2013 10:01 AM in response to Bob Faulkner

It seems that a Photo Stream can be created on an iPad, but not an iPhone, as far as I can tell. Once created, videos can be shared that are created on an iPhone to that stream.

Here's the clincher: I made a video on my iPhone and shared that through iCloud. It showed up on my Mac running Mavericks. I pulled it to my desktop. Then, I connected the iPhone to the Mac via a USB cable and imported the video; then dragged it to the desktop, too. The USB video was 9 MB, the iCloud shared video was only 2 MB. So, iCloud seems to be sharing downsampled videos, hardly the type one would want to show on a 27" iMac.

Apple really needs to work on this, I think.

Has anybody found a way to Photo-stream videos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.