Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selecting objects in pages

Hi I've been using appleworks for nearly 20 years to create all my maths textbooks - Each page has clip art, textboxes, tables and diagrams. Sorry to see Appleworks is unstable 10.6 and I hear not supported in Lion which now means I can no longer upgrade since I have thousands of documents and files in Appleworks

I need to be able to select lots of floating objects in Pages (100's) without selecting the whole document. It takesoo long to select 1 at a time and with drop shadows is impossible. In Appleworks you use the selection tool and drag it over the objects. Is there a similar tool in pages ?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 2:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 5:39 AM

Selecting several floating objects can be done in several ways, or at least in two.

1) select one object > press and keep pressed the shift key and click on aditional objects so they get selected too.

2) Widen the window so you see the grey background. Click on it. Click and hold down and drag over the objects you want selected

I hope this helped.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2011 5:39 AM in response to tomstrang

Selecting several floating objects can be done in several ways, or at least in two.

1) select one object > press and keep pressed the shift key and click on aditional objects so they get selected too.

2) Widen the window so you see the grey background. Click on it. Click and hold down and drag over the objects you want selected

I hope this helped.

Oct 22, 2011 6:05 AM in response to fruhulda

Thanks fruhulda

Thats ok for a few objects but on some of my pages I have hundreds of pieces of clip art - circles, text windows, clip art etc. Also with shadow boxes, I can't quite grab the hidden shadowed object easily.

In Appleworks, I could choose the selection tool and drag it over the objects I want.

There does not appear to be a selection (of graphic objects) tools or have I missed it ?

Tom

Oct 22, 2011 9:12 AM in response to fruhulda

Thanks again.

One more question if I may.

I'm used in Appleworks to creating a textbox and colouring it say bold and black.

Then I duplicate it, change the font to red and sit it on top but slightly displaced giving a shadow effect.

Can't seem to do this in Pages as when I move the 2nd textbox to lie on top of the first, the first box moves or disappears

Any reason why and how can I resolve this.

Thanks

Tom

Selecting objects in pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.