Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't like iOS 5. How can I get rid of it?

I recently updgraded to iOS 5 because I was curious, but I should have read up on it before I did so.
How can I get rid of it?
I abosoutely hate it.

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 7:55 AM

14 replies

Oct 22, 2011 8:10 AM in response to haleyxtee

Why do you hate it? The new notification system is one of the best things about it in my opinion. It's so nice not to have that annoying pop up in the middle of the screen when I'm trying to do something else.

You can't "get rid" of iOS 5, unless you want to jailbreak your phone, which isn't covered by Apple's warranty. Like an above poster said, sell the phone if you hate it that much.

Oct 23, 2011 5:48 PM in response to haleyxtee

OK finally got mine going!!!!!!!!! Verizon gave me the run around so came back home and did more reseach. Here is what I found. Go to this CNET link and it takes you step by step on how to download ringtones. Of course I had to pause it and start it to keep up with the instructions but it finally worked. Now I get my ringtones from phonezoo.com and have for several years and love it. You have to create an account but thats a good thing because any ringtone I download on my computer I have it download to the Apple Itunes then go from there. If I ever lose my ringtones it will always at least be on my phonezoo account. Watch the video. I hope this helps. It did with me anyway.

Jun 21, 2012 11:03 AM in response to haleyxtee

I too cannot stand it! Worse yet, they won't let you downgrade? Well why not?! I paid a pretty good price for my i-pod touch and it worked fine up to 4.3.5 but against my better judgement I figured I would give the new iOS a chance. Went to 5.1.1. Wow, what a mistake! Slow, Slow, Slower, Crashing Apps, Sync Issues with Itunes...and WHY is it everytime I now am able to actually to get it sync does it need to backup and check everything? Did I mention enough it's a slow OS and now ontop of this, even synching is a slower process (when it works)? Apple has done nothing to rectify this issue. Absolutely nothing. No support at all. I shouldn't have to "jail-break" or manually do anything. Apple should give it's customers the ability to downgrade to any version of the iOS they want that works for them on their particular device connected so long as it's available, which it is. This was my 1st Apple product. It very well may be my last. I certainly AM NOT a fan of the direction they are taking the company. I'm glad I never bought one of their computers!

I don't like iOS 5. How can I get rid of it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.